2009年3月28日土曜日

mushroom head no more!


For the past 5 years, I had been Rey's only 'hairstylist'. I trimmed and cut his hair, out of fun and ah-hemm...out of full confidence with my good hair-cutting sense. We usually cut hair in the bathroom but the cold weather has delayed our hair-cut session until now. Rey's hair just kept growing. As you know, the Singapore family and I nicknamed Rey "mushroom head" and I guess Rey happily accepted this nickname because it is sort of related to Mario, or that's what I think. Anyway, one day, when I casually call out "mushroom head, come here!" Rey responded with a sly smile, "You know, Ikeda teacher called me shiitake no atama (mushroom head) this afternoon!" I was shocked! Now, it's no fun when other people outside the family calls my Rey this nickname. So Rey has his hair-cut debut yesterday!
Hair-stylist: Is there any choice of hairstyle that you want?
I: Not too short, don't change the image so drastically, or well, maybe it's okay to change the image afterall, show the ears, keep the sideburns, slope backwards, make it cool, ...(might as well do it myself instead, hor). Sorry, err... I leave everything to you but I just don't want anymore mushroom head. Thanks!
And then I left the fate of Rey's hair to the hairstylist. Rey kept so still because I told him if he moves an inch, he might get his ear snipped off! hahaa. That works so well, I think the hairstylist was happy with such a good customer. It took them 45 minutes, and I sat in a corner reading magazines, trying to overcome the sad feelings of not being able to cut Rey's hair anymore.
The end result! I like it alot, but I still miss my mushroom head Rey (sob)

0 件のコメント: